We just got back from our family vacation. While not as intense as our 3,000 mile road trip to Niagra Falls in July 2009, it was an awesome time and great adventure with our kids.
We flew from Wilmington to Phoenix where we met up with my Mom and her boyfriend Don who drove their minivan from their home in Laguna Beach, CA to join us. Check out our highlights:
- Toured the winter home of Frank Lloyd Wright, Taliesin West, Scottsdale
- Stopped by Montezuma's Castle on our way to Sedona
- One night in Sedona which included a 'Pink Jeep' tour within the Broken Arrow Park
- Stopped into the interesting and very 'happening' town of Jerome which included a Ghost Town and 'gold mine'.
- Grand Canyon for the night, enjoyed an incredible sunset along the South Rim
- Hoover Dam
- Las Vega$ for three nights, not much gambling but did tour two cool high-rise condo projects looking for new ideas (Vdara and Veer at the new City Center)
- Visited the real "Pawn Stars" from the History Channel (the boys were a little underwhelmed, they thought it would be cooler/ bigger in real life)
- Grandma Cheryl's house in Laguna Beach (beautiful and 72 degrees, no humidity, all sunshine - everyday)
- The Rainbow Sandals HQ in San Clemente
- Father's Day boat cruise along the coast (originally intended to be a 'history tour' but became a whale watching tour after a 100+ school of common dolphins and a large blue whale made an appearance)
- The Getty Museum in Los Angeles
- 3rd Street Promenade and Pier in Santa Monica
- Finally, the happiest place on earth: Disneyland (for Kat's birthday, she's so lucky!)