That is correct party people. We are less than 45 days away from the most happening event of the decade. If you don't know what I am talking about, click here first to get up to speed on the 2010: Year of the Dave extravaganza...
Here is an update and quick reminder of the rules:
1. The party is on Sunday, October 10th at #10 Church Street (Downtown.) The band will crank up around 5pm.
2. Yes you are invited - and so are your spouses and kids. Also, any friend of yours is probably a friend of mine so feel free to bring them too. Don't look for a 'formal' invitation - maybe an e-vite but that's about it.
3. Rain or shine, the City is closing the street and we've got a massive tent.
4. For those of you who keep asking me, there is no dress code - this is a fun, casual event but you will look even cooler than you usually do if you are wearing something blue.
5. NO GIFTS - I'm serious. Your friendship and attendance is all I ask.
6. If you don't want to show up empty handed, I understand. Bring something with a 10 on it and we can add it to the rest of the 10's that I have accumulated.
7. No, I wasn't kidding about the food being only things I like to eat - but I'm sure we'll have something for you. I know some of you are bringing an appetizer dish or dessert, that's OK too.
8. Yes, live music into the evening. No, I wasn't able to book Dave Matthews, Bruce Hornsby or Rick Springfield, but don't worry, I am going to find a great local band that can at least cover a couple of these guys greatest hits.
9. Parking? Always plentiful Downtown, you may have to walk a block or two but there will be plenty of spaces along the street.
10. Most importantly, this isn't a party about me, it's a party about us. Come over, have a great time, stay as long (or as short) as you like. Enjoy yourself, make some new friends and allow me to share a little bit more of the "Year of the Dave" with you.
See you soon!
Post a Comment